Saturday, January 24, 2009

Introduction of the Transcriber

Let me introduce myself as the intermediary in this blog. Shalonda does not have computer access but I encouraged her to begin a blog. She sends me the information and I copy the information into the blog. These entries will be intermittent because of lag times in sending and receiving messages.I suggest that you subscribe to the blog if you are interested so that you can know when a new entry is posted.
I first became acquainted with Shalonda several years (maybe 5 years) ago when I became her penpal. I received her name through a prison ministry program. Actually I received 2 names, but the other person only returned my letter once. Shalonda has continued to keep in close contact with me and I appreciate her letters just as she appreciates mine, as she often lets me know.
Why do I write to a convicted murderer? Because she is a human being with the same needs and desires as any other human being. Jesus himself instructed us to minister to those in prison. He did not say anything about their guilt or innocense. She has already been judged, so I am not charged with that duty. What I want to ellucidate is her life in prison, something that most of us know nothing about. They are a world locked away from sight, and what is out of sight is forgotten.
Although she has not asked me to do so, I request an interest in your prayers for her. Please pray for her inner strength to endure her life there and for her to find peace. If release from prison is part of the answer, she would be forevermore grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment